ProSono makes you enjoy the following benefits:
- Musical grade blanks: Our musical grade parts are selected for the absence of knots, sapwood, insect bites, discolorations, and of course of slits and cracks!Both ends are sealed with quality wax without bubble that guarantees the absence of end crack! Our parts are sawn with panel saws that guarantee mm precision on both ends of the parts! The musical grade parts are rested for a minimum of 12 months before qualifying as musical grade parts. This reduces the risk of crack due to tensions present in fresh wood! Mopane, Red ivory, Black chacate, Leadwood, African olive and African Blackwood are our dominant species for the industry.
- Mopane wood is the true solution for instrument makers after the inclusion of African Blackwood in the CITES 2 lists of endangered species. When turning mopane craftsmen notice that very few or no flaws are produced, the wood remains very stable, the stability is better than the African Blackwood. The sound quality is warm, rich and round with an exceptional balance between the treble and the bass. The mopane not only sounds great, but also looks stunning! Successful applications include clarinets, oboes, Scottish Highland Bagpipes, Spanish gaitas and other folkloric instruments.
- To the limited extend that CITES permits are available and nature is respected seasoned African Blackwood for the musical industry and for turners. Supplies are limited and always conditional to the availability of permits.
- Ten highly rated hardwood species that have been selected for their unique turning quality and outstanding visual effects, namely, African olive also called Wild olive, Black chacate, Camel Thorn, Jackalberry, Leadwood, Matumi, Red bushwillow, Red also called Pink ivory, Snake bean and Tambotie.
- The proximity of hardwood resources, as well as our industrial set-up in South Africa, essential for quality processing, enable us to offer parts and sets cut to dimensions at affordable prices. We can provide references of satisfied customers in more than 50 countries, worldwide.
- Flexible logistics enable us to ship less than container a load (LCY) at competitive rates. Clients can be reached anywhere in the world within a few weeks.
- Uniquely crafted EDC knifes for hunters, farmers, fishermen at a competitive price.
- Unique Master grade, guitars back and sides of Red ivory, Black chacate, Leadwood, Mopane and Jackal berry.
- Traditional hardwood floor that creates high class atmosphere in reception areas, board-rooms, restaurants, lounges and African settings.
ProSono has implemented a very strict quality process we are proud of. At ProSono, quality starts in the forestry operation and not at the entrance of the factory. Presence on the spot and continuous supervision by knowledgeable, trained and motivated personnel is the only way to achieve consistency of results under African field conditions.
In the factory, the manufacturing process is analysed, checked for results and modified if need be. The blanks are checked when stored and once again at the time of packing.
ProSono is not to maximise pricing but to develop relationships that can maximise benefits for both sides, in terms of quality, reliability and created value.
Pricing is function of size and composition of the order indeed we always factor in the recovery percentage achieved from an order. As a result, we are the most competitive, when a balanced composition of small, medium and large parts, respectively complete sets, are ordered.